Call for Volunteer Grant Writer
Position Title: Grant Writer/ Fundraiser (Volunteer)
Length of Term: 3 Months (with potential to be extended)
Location: Remote – Globally (Headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya)
What is Inua Kike?
Inua Kike is a community-based organization in Nairobi, Kenya, that works to empower women from underprivileged backgrounds to obtain social and economic mobility through education, entrepreneurship, and community. Swahili for Women Rising, Inua Kike is based on the story of its founder, Susan Achieng, who took it upon herself to study for and take the exam to receive her Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE), eight years after having to drop out of high school. Using Susan’s experience as a model, Inua Kike was born and began with its pilot program, Somesha Kike (Women Study), in January 2016. Through Somesha Kike we support motivated women through the entire process of sitting for and successfully completing the KCSE with test preparation, financial assistance, and social guidance. We work hard to provide the sustained support needed for them to reach this milestone and the social mobility it enables to help actualize a Kenyan society where every woman can get a second chance in life and realize her full potential.
Please see our website, www.inuakike.org, for more information.
Primary Responsibilities for Grant Writer:
We are looking for a volunteer to support our Executive Director in securing funds from institutional donors and foundations. Specifically, you would be responsible for:
- Researching and identifying potential donors and keeping track of relevant funding opportunities.
- Leading the writing, reviewing, and submission of quality funding applications, concept notes and proposals.
- Managing and updating a fundraising database.
- Contributing to developing a fundraising strategy, including a donor engagement plan.
This position is remote, can be based anywhere globally, with a time expectation of 10 hours per week.
Our Ideal Candidate would be:
- Eager to help actualize Inua Kike’s vision of a Kenyan society where every woman can get a second chance in life and realize her full potential.
- Experience in writing successful proposals and fundraising for institutional and corporate donors
- Experience in developing and working with project budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluency in written and spoken English, fluency in Swahili desirable
- Ability to work well independently with good personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines
- Someone who can dedicate up to10 hours per week toward the position.
Further terms and conditions will be discussed with the successful candidates.
How to Apply