Inua Kike Background
Established in 2016, INUA KIKE (Swahili word for Women and girls Rising) is a Grassroots girls and women and girls focused Community Based Organization with offices in Mathare, Nairobi-Kenya that focuses on empowering women and girls(adolescents) with/without disabilities to realize their full potential, worth and strength. INUA KIKE’S mission is to work towards the promotion and improvement of the socio-economic welfare of women and girls in Kenya by enhancing their efforts to meet their basic needs. INUA KIKE works towards this mission through four core programs:
- Education and awareness programs on different issues affecting women and girls including HIV/AIDS, human/legal rights, Sexual gender based violence, reproductive health;
- Provision of health care and health promotion;
- Socio economic empowerment;
- Community networking and
This is what drives and motivates us daily
- Tolerance and co-existence
- Respect and value for humanity
- Integration (honesty, transparency, accountability)
- Gender sensitivity
- Non-partisanship, non-discrimination
- Equality and justice
- Commitment to success and excellence
- Partnership and collaboration
- Environmental friendliness
- Increase accessto education by vulnerable girls and women in our target communities.
- Promote Mental Health wellnessfor girls and women in our target communities.
- Enhance knowledge and skillsfor girls and women in our target communitiesto achieve their full potential, strength and worth.
- Enhance economic empowerment of vulnerable girls and women, their families and communitiestowards gender equality.
- Improve protection of girls and women from gender based violence
- Increasethe capacityof girls and womenindecisionmaking, and the communities they are from toengage anddemand theirrights aswell asbuildthe capacityofthe duty bearersto respect, protect, promote and fulfill these rights.
- Enhance organizational capacity to deliver its objectives and strengthen itsrelationship with partners