Leadership and Governance
We envision a world where empowered girls and women take up the lead role to addressing gender inequalities and promote informational leadership and development for a just society. Our leadership and governance program seeks to give birth to a new generation of women leaders, ensure that girls and women actively participate in decision making activities within their communities, increase the number of women in leadership positions (decision making positions as we work towards the two third gender rule which is far from realization), be they appointed, elected or nominated in both institutional and political spaces as much as creating safe spaces for girls and women to be involved in public participation processes.
We facilitate drives to raise consciousness on existing gendered inequalities and challenge unequal social norms/ power relations, and promote election and/or appointment of women into leadership positions.
The program is implemented in schools and community spaces tackling the following;
- Career exploration.
- Opportunities to hear from and/or meet inspiring female leaders in a wide range of fields.
- Resources and support for finding internships and
- Public speaking
- Conflict resolution
- Effective or assertive communication
- Networking and self-advocacy
- Goal setting
- Team or group-based projects/activities
- Relationship building experiences or skill-building
- Opportunities to work with diverse groups (i.e., ages, cultures, etc.)
- Counselor in-training, big sisters, that connects girls with older girls and women.
- Peer leadership activities.